The wiki about Biomes O' Plenty that anyone can edit!
Notice: We have zero tolerance for vandalism. And we currently have 318 articles and more thanks to all the contributors since January 2013!
About the Mod Edit
Biomes o' Plenty is a Minecraft mod created by Glitchfiend, which adds about 75 new biomes to Minecraft, ranging from a simple Marsh biome, all the way to the lush and unique Mystic Grove! Many new items are also added alongside these biomes, including many new types of trees, plants, and even a few unique mobs!
The mod was released to the public grums post on September 24th, 2012.
- Download the latest version of the Forge installer from here.
- Run the installer and select client/server. Start Minecraft using the Forge profile.
- Exit the game.
- Download Biomes O' Plenty from Minecraft Forums. Place it in the mods folder.
- Re-launch Minecraft and create a new world with default or the new worldtype, "Biomes O' Plenty".
- If you want to run Biomes O' Plenty on an existing world and be able to generate _new_ content/chunks with the mod, you will need to get an NBT editor and edit your level.dat file. Change the generationName from "DEFAULT" to "BIOMESOP". New chunks will be created with the Biomes O' Plenty world generator instead of the Vanilla one. (note: this will only work on worlds where generatorName are in the Level.dat file, not all minecraft versions have the same file formats for all things; this was tested on 1.8 and should be valid for all 1.7.x versions, and probably 1.6.x as well)
- Have fun exploring the new landscapes of this Minecraft modpack!
Popular Addon Mods
new comment by XxDeadNWalkingxX 13 minutes ago
Comment: I have a seed. I'm using 1.7.10 (I also have Orespawn in 1.7.10 on at the same time) Seed: Jack There are several biomes on this seed. If you like to...
- Talk:Flower Field
new comment by XxDeadNWalkingxX 29 minutes ago
Comment: Here's a seed. I use 1.7.10 Seed: Jack Coords: x: 663.30000 y: 75 z: -987.75264 If you teleport to these coords, it should put you in a giant red...
- Talk:Dead Forest
new comment by XxDeadNWalkingxX 35 minutes ago
Comment: Version 1.7.10 Seed: Jack Coords: x: 625.83918 y: 92 z: -1271.84311 These coordinates, if you tp to them, should put you in a Persimmon tree....
new comment by XxDeadNWalkingxX 41 minutes ago
Comment: If anyone's lookin' for a seed, I have one for 1.7.10 Seed: Jack You should spawn in a Birch Forest. There are several biomes to explore with this...
- Talk:Coniferous Forest
new comment by XxDeadNWalkingxX 53 minutes ago
Comment: I have one. I am on Version 1.7.10 Seed: Jack You should spawn in a Birch Forest. There are a few other biomes nearby including a large Boreal...
- Tropical Rainforest
edited by 1234Iloveguns 59 minutes ago
Summary: update ID, gallery
new comment by XxDeadNWalkingxX 1 hour ago
Comment: If anybody's looking for a seed, I gots one for u x3 Seed: Jack You spawn in a Birch Forest. There is a Woodland nearby. If you cross the Woodland...
edited by 1234Iloveguns 1 hour ago
Summary: update info, convert to gallery
- Welcome to Biomes O' Plenty Wiki!
comment by XxDeadNWalkingxX 1 hour ago
new comment by A Wikia contributor 1 hour ago
Comment: If anyone's looking for a seed for this, I have one. I use version 1.7.10 Seed: Jack You spawn in a Birch Forest. There's a Boreal Forest and a...